Chicken Vesuvio Recipe
|About 3/4 cup - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided||4 Chicken breasts 8oz boneless Item# 7147|
|4 Large starchy potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 6 fat wedges||1/2 bottle dry white wine|
|Salt & Pepper||About 1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken stock|
|12 Cloves garlic, crushed||1 cup organic frozen peas|
|2 red cherry peppers, quartered||4 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or marjoram||1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped|
|2 large fresh bay leaves||Ciabatta bread, for mopping|
1. Place on the stovetop over a couple of burners and heat up about 1/2 cup of EVOO, a shallow layer, over medium-high heat.
2. When oil is hot, add in potatoes, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook till golden brown on cut sides, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, pepper, oregano and bay to the browned potatoes, and cook for about 3-4 minutes more, turning occasionally.
4. Transfer potatoes out of pan and heat up remaining 1/4 cup oil.
5. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper then brown well on both sides. Deglaze with wine, add stock and scatter potatoes, garlic and pepper back in. Finish Cooking adding peas and butter in the last few minutes
6. Stir to combine. Top with lots of parsley and serve with bread.
Orders containing wine are fulfilled under the licensees of WTN Cellars, winetasting.com or instate licensee and are subject to applicable wine taxes. Must be 21 years or older to purchase wine.