- Steaks & Chops Recipes
- Rib Eye Steaks With a Soy & Ginger Marinade
- Filet Mignon With Onions
- Ribeye Cooking Guide
- Filet Mignon Cooking Guide
- London Broil Recipe
- Skirt Steak Fajita Recipe
- Irish Beef Stew Recipe
- Bone-In Rib Chops w/ Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Beef shish Kabob with Marinade recipe
- Beer-Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe
- Pecan-Crusted Skirt Steak Recipe
- Grilled Cola Skirt Steak Taco Recipe
- Bone in Filet w/ Onions and Blue Cheese Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak Pinwheel Style and Roasted Broccoli
- Veal & Lamb Recipes
- Roasts Recipes
- Sea Food Recipes
- Pork & Poultry Recipes
- Burgers, Ribs, & Hot Dogs Recipes
- Appetizers, Sides, & Desserts Recipes
Filet Mignon With Onions
Item# 1201 6-5oz Choice
6 ea. 5 oz. Filet Mignons, thawed
Salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 lb. firm, fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup heavy cream, heated
9 Tbsp. butter
6 slices French bread
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
6 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. flour
1/2 cup scotch
1. Remove filets from package and set aside. Get at room temperature.
2. Heat 3 Tbsp. butter in large saute pan, over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add flour, blend well.
4. Stir in warmed cream, reduce heat to keep warm. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil on medium high heat.
6. Sauté the filets for 2-1/2 minutes per side for rare, 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
7. Meanwhile in a separate pan, heat 6 Tbsp. butter over medium high heat. Add the bread slices, turning often until golden brown.
8. Place one bread slice on each serving plate.
9. Top each bread slice with a cooked filet.
10. Add the scotch to filet pan juices and boil 1-2 minutes.
11. Add mushroom sauce to pan with scotch and bring to a boil. Spoon sauce over filets and serve.
Select the type of recipes you'd like to discover.
Orders containing wine are fulfilled under the licensees of WTN Cellars, winetasting.com or instate licensee and are subject to applicable wine taxes. Must be 21 years or older to purchase wine.