|1/2 cup cola||1 small onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil||1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro|
|Juice of 2 limes, plus lime wedges for serving||2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped|
|2 teaspoons chili powder||8 crisp taco shells|
|Salt||2 cups shredded slaw mix (from a 1-pound bag)|
|6 8oz skirt steak item#2821||1 avocado, cut into 8 lengthwise slices|
|2 tomatoes, finely chopped|
1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the cola, olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, the chili powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
2. Add the steak and let marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapenos and remaining lime juice; season with salt.
4. Preheat the grill or grill pan to high.
5. Grill the steak, turning once, about 15 minutes for medium rare; let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak againste the grain and toss with the tomato salsa.
6. Fill each taco shell with some slaw mix, an avocado slice and steak with salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.
© Copyright 2015 Stock Yards | © 2015, Harry and David, LLC. All rights reserved. Stock Yards is a trademark of and is used under license from US Foods, Inc. Website material may not be copied, reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed in any way.