|1/2 tablespoon olive oil||2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces|
|6 8 oz skirt steak, trimmed item#2821||2 tablespoons honey|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper||1-1/2 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh rosemary|
|3/4 cup pecan pieces|
1. Position an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease the foil with the oil.
3. If necessary, cut the steak crosswise into pieces 8 to 10 inches long.
4. Arrange the steak on the baking sheet in a single layer and season with 1 tablespoon salt and 1/4 tablespoon pepper.
5. Put the pecans, butter,honey, rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/4 tablespoon pepper in a food processor and pulse until well combined and the pecans are finely chopped.
6. Broil the steak until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip it and broil until it's cooked nearly to your liking, about 3 minutes more for medium rare.
7. Spread the pecan mixture over the steak, patting the mixture with the back of a spoon to help it adhere. Continue broiling until the pecan coating is toasted and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Set the streak aside to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and transfer to plates. If the pecan coating falls off the steak as you're slicing it, spoon it over the top.
© Copyright 2015 Stock Yards | © 2015, Harry and David, LLC. All rights reserved. Stock Yards is a trademark of and is used under license from US Foods, Inc. Website material may not be copied, reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed in any way.