- Steaks & Chops Recipes
- Rib Eye Steaks With a Soy & Ginger Marinade
- Filet Mignon With Onions
- Ribeye Cooking Guide
- Filet Mignon Cooking Guide
- London Broil Recipe
- Skirt Steak Fajita Recipe
- Irish Beef Stew Recipe
- Bone-In Rib Chops w/ Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Beef shish Kabob with Marinade recipe
- Beer-Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe
- Pecan-Crusted Skirt Steak Recipe
- Grilled Cola Skirt Steak Taco Recipe
- Bone in Filet w/ Onions and Blue Cheese Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak Pinwheel Style and Roasted Broccoli
- Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- Veal & Lamb Recipes
- Roasts Recipes
- Sea Food Recipes
- Pork & Poultry Recipes
- Burgers, Ribs, & Hot Dogs Recipes
- Appetizers, Sides, & Desserts Recipes
London Broil Recipe
|1 - 2 pound London Broil||1/2 cup (about a handful) parsley|
|4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided||1 quart beef stock|
|1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered||1 pound baby yukon gold potatoes, cut in half depending on size|
|4 tablespoons butter, divided||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 medium onion, chopped||2 tablespoons flour|
|1 clove garlic, chopped||1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|3 carrots, cut into 1-inch slices||1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|3 parsnips, cut into 1-inch slices||Prepared horseradish|
|1 bay leaf||Loaf of crusty bread|
|6 sprigs of thyme|
1. Preheat broiler. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it come up to room temperature.
2. Heat the olive oil, about 2 turns on the pan, and 2 tablespoons of butter in medium saucepot over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes, until brown.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips and herbs. Cook until veggies are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and 3 cups of stock plus one cup of water. Bring up to a bubble then reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
5. As the liquid simmers, place the London broil on a broiler pan. Rub it with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season it generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Place the meat under the broiler about 6 inches from the flame for 10-15 minutes, flipping it over halfway through to ensure even cooking. Remove the meat from the broiler and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
7. While the meat is resting, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to a small skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in the remaining stock, about a cup, then add the Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Once thickened, add the mixture into your saucepot with the veggies.
8. Ladle the veggie stew into shallow bowls. Cut the steak into thin slices and place it on top. Serve with a dollup of prepared horseradish on top and a nice hunk of crusty bread with butter on the side.
Orders containing wine are fulfilled under the licensees of WTN Cellars, winetasting.com or instate licensee and are subject to applicable wine taxes. Must be 21 years or older to purchase wine.