|4 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste w/ 1 tsp salt||1 large sweet onion, julienned|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice||1/4 cup cilantro|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||12 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed|
|4 8oz skirt steak Item#2821||Guacamole, tomato salsa, and sour cream as sides|
|3 orange, red and green peppers, julienned|
Directions Before Cooking:
1. Combine garlic paste, lime juice, cumin, and olive oil.
2. Place skirt steak, bell peppers, onion, and cilantre into marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours over night.
Directions During Cooking:
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Remove skirt steak from marinade, shaking off liquid.
3. Hold onto marinade for the vegetables.
4. Preheat a heavy skillet to the smoking point.
5. Drain vegetables and cilantro, and quickly stir-fry over high heat until slightly charred and soft. Set aside.
6. Grill skirt steak over high heat quickly until mid-rare, about 2 minutes per side.
7. Slice meat into strips and serve immediately with warm tortillas, the seared pepper vegetable mix, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
© Copyright 2016 Stock Yards | © 2015, Harry and David, LLC. All rights reserved. Stock Yards is a trademark of and is used under license from US Foods, Inc. Website material may not be copied, reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed in any way.