Veal Francese Recipe
|Veal Slices 4/8oz packages Item#5031||2 lemons, juice of 1/2 and 1 sliced|
|Salt and pepper||1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 cup flour||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika||1 cup chicken stock|
|3 tablespoons butter, cut into 1-tablespoon slices||Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish|
|2 large eggs||crusty bread or cooked pasta|
|1/4 cup, a handful, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano|
1. Season the veal slices with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Season the flour with garlic powder, and paprika.
3. Roll the butter slices in the flour and reserve.
4. Beat eggs with cheese and lemon juice.
5. Heat, oil 4 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Dredge 4/8oz. of veal slices item#5031 in flour then coat in egg batter and saut to deep golden, 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Repeat, removing browned veal to plate.
7. Add sliced lemon to pan, caramelize on one side then flip and add garlic to pan.
8. Stir it for 1 minute then add wine to pan to deglaze.
9. Pour in stock and bring to a bubble swirl in the seasoned, flour-coated butter and swirl in pan to form sauce.
10. Slide veal back into pan and cook through, 4-5 minutes.
Serve with crust bread or a side of pasta to absorb sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Orders containing wine are fulfilled under the licensees of WTN Cellars, winetasting.com or instate licensee and are subject to applicable wine taxes. Must be 21 years or older to purchase wine.