ITEM# 4155 Uncooked
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. 2. Season ribs with salt, pepper, garlic, barbecue spices and brown sugar. 3. Place ribs on top of sliced onions in a roasting pan with 2-inch-high edges and fill with 1/2 inch of water or beer. 4. Cover loosely with foil and cook 30 minutes. 5. Reduce temperature to 325°F and continue cooking 60 minutes. The ribs are finished when they are fork-tender.** 6. Brush with sauce and glaze and broil until sauce is sticky.
1. Preheat grill to medium-low.
2. Grill bone-side down 20-25 minutes.
3. Turn ribs and brush with sauce. 4. Grill until they are fork-tender, 45-60 minutes.** 5. Brush with sauce and serve. 6. Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Baby Back Ribs
DIRECTIONS 1. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of ribs. Spray each piece of foil with vegetable cooking spray. Brush the ribs liberally with barbeque sauce and place each portion in its own piece of foil. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight. 2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). 3. Bake ribs wrapped tightly in the foil at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from foil and add more sauce, if desired. Can add bottled coke or beer to pan.
Ribs Italian Style Slow Cooked
INGREDIENTS • 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar • Salt and pepper • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar • About 2/3 cup olive oil • 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper • 4 racks of Stock Yards uncooked ribs item 4155 • 10 to 12 cloves garlic chopped (limit garlic if you do not care for this much) • Kosher salt and cracked black pepper • 1/4 cup rosemary, chopped • Lemon wedges to serve • 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped • 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley and or celery tops 3 to 4 tablespoons grated red onion
DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 275°F. 2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy foil, matte side up. 3. Combine rib dressing (balsamic, sugar, red pepper, garlic, herbs and grated onion) in a large, shallow dish. 4. Season ribs with salt and pepper liberally, toss with dressing and arrange on the baking sheet. 5. Top with excess dressing and cover with more foil to seal as a packet and roast 3 hours. 6. When the ribs are tender, remove top foil cover and transfer ribs to a second dry sheet pan lined with foil for easy clean up. 7. Turn boiler on high and place ribs in the middle of the oven and cook to crisp or brown on grill. Pour juices over ribs on carving board.
Pork Chops with Herb Creamed Corn
• 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
• 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 4-6 Bone-in Pork Chops Item# 4240
• 4-6 ears fresh corn on the cob scraped from the cobs (1 ear per person) or 1 16oz bag of frozen kernels, defrosted, about 3 cups
• Salt & Pepper
• 1 Cup diced baby potatoes, about 6
• 3 Tablespoons butter
• 1/2 Cup finely chopped fresh herbs, parsley, dill and chives
• 1 Small Onion, finely Chopped
• 1/4 Cup of sour cream
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit with a baking sheet positioned on center rack.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan over medium-high heat with a turn of the pan of oil.
3. Season chops with salt and pepper, and brown well on both sides and the edges of bone or any exposed fat. Transfer to baking sheet in oven to cook through, 5-6 minutes more.
4. Add butter to the same pan and add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat a bit. Add potatoes and stir 5 minutes.
Add half of the corn. Kernels to the pan and the pure thin and cook the other half of the corn. Add herbs as well. Just before serving, add the sour cream & serve the chops on a plate topped with the creamed corn.
Chicken Vesuvio Recipe
INGREDIENTS • About 3/4 cup - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided • 4 Chicken breasts 8oz boneless Item# 7147 • 4 Large starchy potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 6 fat wedges • 1/2 bottle dry white wine • Salt & Pepper • About 1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken stock • 12 Cloves garlic, crushed • 1 cup organic frozen peas • 2 red cherry peppers, quartered • 4 tablespoons butter • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or marjoram • 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped • 2 large fresh bay leaves • Ciabatta bread, for mopping
DIRECTIONS 1. Place on the stovetop over a couple of burners and heat up about 1/2 cup of EVOO, a shallow layer, over medium-high heat. 2. When oil is hot, add in potatoes, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook till golden brown on cut sides, about 10 minutes. 3. Add the garlic, pepper, oregano and bay to the browned potatoes, and cook for about 3-4 minutes more, turning occasionally. 4. Transfer potatoes out of pan and heat up remaining 1/4 cup oil. 5. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper then brown well on both sides. Deglaze with wine, add stock and scatter potatoes, garlic and pepper back in. Finish Cooking adding peas and butter in the last few minutes. 6. Stir to combine. Top with lots of parsley and serve with bread.